As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Being a therapist and seeing patients every day might fill up your pocket, but every therapist has an untold story as well. Your patients come to you to get the relaxing time they need. An hour of a session is all they want to ease up their body. But little do they know, you need to relax as well.
After sessions of therapies, you often get the ache on your back, and all you need is to sit on a comfortable chair. But not all of them are comfy, are they?
Well, we’re reviewing the best chairs for therapists here, so you may get your relaxing zone along with your patients as well. So why wait? Jump to the reviews to see our top lists.
In A Hurry? Check Our Top Picks of Top Chairs For Therapists
- 1 10 Best Chairs for a Therapist
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
- 6 Cons
- 7 Pros
- 8 Cons
- 9 Pros
- 10 Cons
10 Best Chairs for a Therapist
Out of hundreds of choices, we have carefully listed down 5 of the best seats that a therapist and his/her patients can use. We considered many features while jotting down these top 5 picks. Without further ado, let’s find out.
1. Ergohuman High Back Swivel Chair
- Made of Chrome/polypropylene base with nylon casters, this chair is...
- Product dimensions – 29" D x 26.5" W x 46”-52" H | Seat dimensions...
- Synchro-tilt mechanism and seat depth adjustment ensure users sit...
- Pneumatic cylinder raises and lowers chair quickly | Back, seat...
- Back angle adjustment with 3 position tilt-lock adjusts easily - lock...
On top of our list, we have the Ergohuman. If you need to spend a lot of time sitting for those long, extended therapy sessions, you definitely need this chair. It correctly supports your back and ensures your comfort throughout the lengthy meetings and sittings.
Having a smart provision for adjustment, the height of this beauty typically ranges from 46 to 52 inches. Coupled with a weight of around 64 pounds, this one is one big guy that suits your personality.
It can easily absorb the weight of the person sitting on it, thanks to its Ergohuman design. There is good news for overweight people as well. Its different adjustment system and resistant options make it a perfect match for heavier sitters.
Talking about the adjustments, this one allows back angle changes. With three different-position tilt-lock systems, you can lean and lock it in any of the three positions available.
For most of the chairs we have seen in our day-to-day lives, it’s difficult to raise or lower the seat instantly. You need to stand up, kneel down, and adjust the height. Well, for the Ergohuman we have here, that’s not the case.
You can easily adjust the height by rising a little bit up and using the pneumatic cylinder to raise the seat or lower it. The cylinder responses pretty impressively, and you can run this process just by softly clicking the trigger.
Most of us pay little attention to the availability of lumbar support in our sitters. Without a doubt, this is one of the crucial supports that you need from your chair.
The Ergohuman takes pride in contoured, adjustable lumbar support to keep your lumbar region safe. No matter how long you are sitting on it, say goodbye to back pain for good.
One of the best parts of the Ergohuman is that it is fully meshed. The seat cushion, the back, the head-resting part, all are made from mesh. This allows your skin to breathe more and suffocate less.
- Comes with a 3-position tilt-lock
- Pneumatic cylinder for easy adjustment of height
- A synchro-tilt mechanism for great sitter depth set-up
- Meshed seat for perfect comfort
- Provides lumbar support to ensure proper back-relief
- The armrest doesn’t come with any cushion
2. Alera Elusion Series
- Multifunction mechanism allows Back angle adjustment relative to seat,...
- Cool, breathable mesh Back
- Contoured Seat Cushion with premium fabric upholstery and waterfall...
- Model Number : ALEEL42ME10B
Next, comes the synonym of durability and comfort. It’s the Alera Elusion. The sturdy materials used in this model make it a strong and robust seat for long term use.
An impressive part of this unit is that it has a number of mechanisms for adjusting the sitting positions. You can use the back-angle adjustment to change the alignment of the seat.
Very few chairs can qualify to be as impressive as the Alera for this particular reason. Most of the choices on the market do have some kind of adjustment options, but to feature dynamic adjustability is far-fetched from those models.
Again, using the leaning option, you can move the seat forward and backward and lock the chair in the right position that suits you. You can enjoy free-floating adjustability with the tilt lock system as you can lock the bench at any position you like.
Except for the seat cushion, you have the back part of the chair completely meshed. This adds to the comfort and soft support that your back deserves. It provides coolness and allows your body to breathe to the point it needs to.
As for the seat cushion, it is made from premium fabric upholstery and waterfall edge. Sitting on this type of soft cushioned sitter means letting your hips and legs relax. It reduces the excessive pressure on your thigs and the lower part of the legs.
Although the cushioned seat may come as a matter of concern during hot summer days, it is perfectly fine to use it throughout the year. It’s going to give you an awesome feeling during cool winter days as well.
The armrests of this chair are going to impress you for sure. Made from polyurethane pads, the superior design of the armrest makes it easy to alter according to your needs.
You can change the width and the height of the armrests according to whichever way you feel.
One thing that can raise a few eyebrows is that it doesn’t have a headrest on top of the back-part. However, the height of the back part of it compensates for the absence of such a feature.
- It features cool, breathable meshed back
- Premium quality cushioned seat for leg and hip support
- Durable armrest with height and width adjustability
- A multifunction mechanism for adjustment
- It lacks a headrest part
3. Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair
- High back office chair with wheels
- Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17. Mesh back with...
- Adjustable headrest for maximum comfort, made with black nylon and a...
- Executive style swivel chair perfect for office and desk
- Product Measurements: Overall Size: 25.5"W x 24"D x 47.5-52.5"H. Seat...
How would it feel if you are privileged to sit on a premium-built chair that weighs as light as 33 pounds? Let’s guess, it’s divine, right? Well, think no more. The Flash Office is the exact match we have found for you!
Its lightweight feature has successfully attracted much attention it. Out of all the five chairs we have reviewed here, this is the lightest of all. Despite a reduction in weight, this model doesn’t cease to impress us with its features!
Moreover, its amazing lumbar support system is just the icing on the cake. Just have your seat on it, lean back, and feel the difference. Your lumbar area is going to be taken good care of, for sure.
Impressive? Wait for more. Its ventilated meshed back lets air circulate around it without any hindrance. It cools down the back area and prevents sweating on your back.
Not always you would feel like having an armrest on your chair. What to do then? Buy a new one for backup support? Of course not. This one from Flash Furniture has got your back. With an easy flip-up option, you can flip the armrest up and convert the chair to an armrest-less one.
One thing that may come as a drawback with this armrest is that its height can’t be adjusted. If you need its height to be lowered or raised, you can’t do anything about it.
However, the armrests are made from comfortable materials for you to rest your arms on it, no matter how high these are set.
All of the parts of this chair, including the headrest, seat, and back, can be adjusted as per your comfort level. The position and height of the headrest can be shifted to meet the relief zone of your head and neck.
Its waterfall seat makes perfect sense to help your legs and thighs ward off stress. The curvey design lets the legs glide down effortlessly, eliminating all the pressure on your lower body.
- Features a ventilated mesh back
- Adjustable headrest, chair, and flipping armrest
- Effective lumbar support
- Tilting adjustment allows straight lock of the back
- Waterfall seat design to avoid stress on legs
- The armrests can’t be adjusted for different heights
4. Herman Miller Mirra 2 Task Chair
- Features: tilt limiter with seat angle adjustment, adjustable...
- Lightweight design, offering a combination of simplicity, flexibility,...
- The Butterfly back combines the comfort of upholstery with the...
- Recommended for people who need to quickly flex between individual...
- The Herman Miller Mirra 2 Chair shipped and sold by Amazon is backed...
For all those who are concerned about the environment, this is going to be a blast for your people! The Mirra 2 is one of the rarest bread of chairs that comes with environment-friendly build-up.
Almost 93% of this chair can be recycled fully. That’s a percentage that’s enough for a few jaw-drops then and there. That’s not all; around 45% of the materials that have been used in this chair come from recycled sources.
The Mirra 2 is a special one for anyone who sits on it. It responds to your body movement quite accurately. The moment you sit on it, it conforms with your body and moves with your slightest of movements.
It comes with a tilt-limiter option to limit the tilting angles of the back. You can set the limiting angle to 92, 100, or 120 degrees. The back won’t lean beyond this as it would get locked as soon as it reaches the angle.
The seat can also be adjusted to some extent. You can set it horizontally, as default. But when needed, you can tilt it forward at a 5-degree angle. It’s a great feature for those who like to lean forward every now and then.
Furthermore, the armrests of this chair can be easily adjusted, as well. Having 4-way adjustability gives you the complete freedom to set the armrest according to your comfort.
You can set the armrest vertically at 5.5 inches and 1.25 inches horizontally. Setting the arms 2 inches front and back is also an easy choice for you if you are sitting on this sophisticated chair.
The sitter deserves special attention, for sure. Using the AireWeave 2 woven fabric, the seat is a perfect example of effective weight distribution. Meaning, if you are sitting on this, no matter how heavy you are, it won’t resist back on you.
- Comes with a brilliant tilt limiter for limiting angles
- Provides great mobility
- Features effective lumbar supports
- Several alternating systems for better use
- Easy adjustment with the body
- The armrests tend to move with soft pressure
5. Herman Miller Embody Chair
- Designed to enhance health, improve focus, and provide ergonomic...
- Features: fully adjustable arms, titanium base and white frame, and...
- Total Height: 42 - 45" | Seat Height: 16 - 20.5" | Width: 29.5" |...
- Rhythm fabric is tight, smooth soft to the touch, and prevents heat...
- Recommended for those with back issues and other ergonomic challenges
If you are a person who loves playing with colors, then it is evident that this Herman Miller will impress you with its color variant, alone. With 16 different color options, this is the best chair in color availability, that’s for sure.
Before going into detailed features, you better know that this is one of the most expensive models you find on the market. But hey, there are solid reasons for this price, too.
The chair’s back is designed by mimicking a human backbone. It has a central spine and flexible ribs on it. At first, this may seem an exaggeration, but when you can see the application, it’s just marvelous of the Herman people!
Its curved human-like spine easily aligns with your backbone and supports its natural curve. This gives you an all-natural posture that you could only dream of.
Apart from the brilliantly designed parts, this premium chair has some astonishing benefits, too. It effectively stimulates the flow of your blood and oxygen. This helps you relax and focus more on your work.
The advanced embody helps lower the heart rate and reduce stress to a certain level. Also, it features a tilting technology that comes with three different zones of support. Your thighs, thorax, and hip bones are supported by exceptional design to reduce stress as much as possible.
One of the most premium supports you get from this chair is the automatic alignment of the seat to your body. A dynamic matrix of pixels stimulates the sitter and the back of it to respond to every movement you make and adjust itself accordingly.
Another awesome benefit you get from this is that it fits everybody. Whatever your size is, this one automatically adjusts to your body and supports it accordingly. we have an individual Herman Miller Embody Review you can check that
- Comes with a human-backbone stimulating back
- Skin-like textile allows natural air-flow
- The build-materials are 95% recyclable
- Adjustable armrests
- Stimulates blood and oxygen flow for better comfort
- Does not tilt forward
6. Zero Gravity Massage Chair for Therapist
- Most cost-effective massage chair, It features following: zero gravity...
- According to the acupoint massage, 8 massage rollers inside the...
- There are 3 stages of zero gravity, the 3nd being more reclined. When...
- You can select your massage style and adjust the speed, strength....
- We offer 3 Year "Rock Solid" Warranty guarantees that your qualified...
Up next, we have a special kind of leather massage chair. If you are someone who wants a durable chair, but you’re on a budget, this could be the perfect option for you.
From Tiny Cooper, this is one of the most budget-friendly shiatsu massage chairs you can get. And, you’ll be amazed at all the amazing massage styles and options you will get with this chair!
One of the key elements of this chair is its zero-gravity aspect. It has an incline range from 95 to 180 degrees. With its three levels of zero gravity, the third being the most reclined, you can achieve an angle of 180 degrees.
At this angle, when you are completely reclined, your knees are elevated over the level of your heart, resulting in healing results that are highly powerful and can be noticed instantly.
Besides, it has a special lower back function that helps alleviate tension and make you more comfortable. With massage rollers, foot rollers, and airbags all over your seat, shoulder rest, armrest, and leg rest, you will get a complete body relaxation massage. This will make you forget all your worries and help you focus on your patients!
So, if you want a durable massage chair that will act as a comfortable everyday seat and last a long time, this is the one you should get.
- Sturdy leather, construction for absolute comfort and durability
- Multiple styles of massages with adjustable thresholds of speed and intensity
- 3 stages of zero gravity to help relax
- Can accommodate 287 pounds at a time
- Great value for money
- Each massage session lasts only 15 minutes
7. Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair, Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner
- 2022 Real Relax favor 03 ADV Model: Updated version of favor 03 plus,...
- More Effective Neck back Massage: Exclusive dual-core S track robots...
- Added Smart Voice Control: You can interact with your chair by voice...
- Easier to Use the Remote: Original smaller remote control updated into...
- Full Body Common Massage Functions Overview: One button zero-gravity,...
Now, we have another modern version of a therapeutic massage chair that comes in a durable frame. If you’re a big person and need a sturdy chair that can hold your weight, you should consider this.
Firstly, this Real Relax Massage Chair comes in three different color options. You can choose from black, brown, and blue; and, they all look great in their own way.
Coming at a weight of a little less than 220 pounds, this is a very good chair for tall and big people. It has a weight holding capacity of 400 pounds. And, height compatibility range of 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 1 inch.
So, you people of almost all sizes and weights can fit right in.
Moreover, it is delivered in two different boxes with thorough instructions, which makes setting these up super easy.
As for massages, you can get full-body massages from this chair using the Smart Remote. It has several different back rollers, airbags, and other parts all over the chair to help you give a head-to-toe massage. And, it does a great job of making you feel relaxed.
You can use a single button to use the zero-gravity stages. It’s going to make you feel practically weightless.
And lastly, you can play audio and change LED lights by connecting via Bluetooth. It has a total of 6 auto modes.
- Comes in 2 boxes with directions for fast and simple installation
- Smart remote and advanced display screen
- Two rear wheels for convenient movement
- Back heater to alleviate tension
- Can accommodate anyone within a height range of 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 1 inch and a weight limit of 400 pounds
- Nack rollers aren’t very useful
8. RELAXONCHAIR Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair
- REDESIGNED & UPGRADED W/ ONE HAND OPERATION REMOTE CONTROLLER, GENTLE...
- THREE STAGE ULTRA AUTOMATIC ZERO GRAVITY MULTI-FUNCTION MASSAGE CHAIR:...
- BUTTLOCK L-TRACKING MASSAGE SYSTEM: The rollers glide from the upper...
- DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE & FULL BODY STRETCHING: Designed to provide...
- LOWER BACK HEATING: 2 heating pads in lower back area that enhance the...
For those of you who don’t have a budget, this is for you. It features all kinds of additional attributes, including zero gravity design, excellent lumbar support, and different kinds of therapeutic massages. And due to all these added benefits, it comes at quite a high price point, especially compared to others on the list.
But the price is justified. And you will agree when you hear about all the exceptional features this shiatsu massage chair brings.
Let’s start by describing that this RELAXONCHAIR model is a revised and updated model and comes with a remote controller service.
Due to the update, the massage rollers are lighter but firmer at the same time. So, you can get soothing massages all over your body. In addition, the airbags have minimized pressure so that you don’t experience excessive pressure or discomfort in any way.
As far as massage choices are concerned, there are four automated massage services, three levels of airbag pressure regulation, and three levels of massage pace regulation. In addition, there are three manual unique targeted massages, including kneading, tapping, and a variation of both.
You may simply select your favorite alternative from a range of options for each segment. And these variations are easy to reverse, so you’ll find a suitable range in no time.
Then there’s a three-stage zero-gravity design that helps you to lift your feet to the very same height as your heart. This reduces the pressure of gravity on your spine and alleviates the agony of back pain. Because of that, your heart has to function less, and you can rest more.
All in all, this is a remarkable choice for a massage chair for therapists.
- Premium quality cushioned chair for the whole-body support
- Several different massage options with multiple levels of speed and intensity
- Smart remote and large display screen for easy access
- Whole-body massage along with lower back heating
Quite expensive compared to other massage chairs
9. Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair
- 11/22/19 New Amazon Exclusive Promotion- 2 Years additoinal warranty...
- L-Track massage system, 3 stages of Zero Gravity, Smart body scan...
- Best warranty service for online massage chair company – Easy to...
- Footer Area has dual foot rollers and detachable & washable footer...
Here, we present you with a massage chair that offers maximum comfort and relief from tension. In addition, the structurally sound components used for this design make it a solid and sturdy chair that lasts for a long period.
Now, this specific model is an upgraded version. So, the bugs and errors from the previous versions have been fixed here, and lots of more features have been introduced.
For instance, the arm airbag has a design update that makes it easier to rest your hands and gives you improved relaxation service. It’s also got six automatic services now. Perhaps most notably, the sessions last 30 minutes now with just a press of a button.
The shoulder airbags are another improvement. Now, they’ve got thicker and tougher double-layer airbags to provide a stronger and more powerful shoulder massage. And there’s also additional foot support. There are dual foot rollers for perfect foot massages.
With this massage chair, you’ll get a remote controller to choose and adjust your desired massage pace, style, and strength. And there’s a remote holder in the current edition.
In order to create a sound and relaxed body, the SH-Chiro technology integrated with the system helps unblock nerves and spread energy throughout the body.
Basically, this is an amazing massage chair with some exceptional perks. And if you can afford it, you should definitely give it a try.
- SH-Chiro mode helps energy flow throughout the body
- Heating therapy for lower back and calves
- Zero gravity design that allows 120 degrees reclining
- 3 different levels of speed and air pressure to choose from
- Quite heavy, which makes it difficult to move
10. Human Touch WholeBody 7.1 Massage Chair
- REJUVENATING BODY MASSAGE - This innovative chair offers a full-body...
- 5 SELECTABLE PROGRAMS - Designed with 5 auto-massage programs: Full,...
- CIRQLATION TECHNOLOGY - Powered with Figure-Eight technology, it...
- SEAMLESS ORBITAL MASSAGERS - Developed with our new FlexGlide...
- STATE-OF-THE-ART DESIGN - Engineered with an ottoman that acts as a...
For our last option today, we have another expensive but highly recommended massage chair. This one is possibly the most modern and classy massage chair you can find on the market.
Crafted from high quality deep-grained leather to improve your overall lightweight experience for ease of movement, the chair is skillfully constructed with ease of use and usefulness insight.
The Human Touch WholeBody 7.1 Massage Chair is one of a kind. It has the company’s specialized technologies that will give you optimum relief and relaxation that you can get from a massage chair.
With this unique element, you’ll relax all the muscles in your neck, shoulder, and down your back, and the 3D orbital relaxation technology will give you a calming sensation much like a hot oil massage.
Besides, there are also five automatic massage services. You can choose any alternative that seems appealing to you.
Apart from that, this chair also incorporates a proprietary hot air technology to provide extra muscle pain relief. And you can use the BodyMap Pro to figure out where you want to seek relaxation.
Finally, there’s a detachable ottoman that comes along with this massage chair. It has foot and calf massage technology that can take all the pain off your feet and make you feel comfortable and calm.
- Sleek and smooth leather design and construction
- Extremely sturdy with great longevity
- Multiple massage levels and categories
- Patented warm air technology to offer significant relaxation from muscle pain
- BodyMap Pro features to visualize where you want to relieve stress
- More on the expensive side
What to Look for Before Buying a Therapist’s Chair?
So, now that you know what the best chairs for a therapist are, it’s time to grab one. But before you decide, go through this buying guide to ensure you are buying the best one for you.
Look for Adjustability
A well-built chair should have a different adjustment capacity. The height, the headrest, etc. should be able to move and align to a certain extent that supports your comfort. You can always check the adjustability options on the features list.
Useful Armrest Is a Great Addition
Armrests are crucial for therapists, as they need to sit tight for a long time. Having a fixed armrest isn’t going to help you enough. Make sure the armrest can be moved back and forth, and the height can be set at different levels.
Some models even allow a flip-up version, as well.
Never Miss the Headrest
At times you will need to lean back and rest your head on the chair-back. Without a solid and comfortable headrest, this isn’t going to work. Moreover, make sure the headrest can be altered for different heights.
Support Your Lumbar
Bones at your lumbar region are quite vulnerable to uncomfortable sitting. Your chair should have a good lumbar support to effectively hold on to your lumbar area, and prevent backaches.
There are a few models that allow you to move the lumbar support back and forth to match your back. If you can manage to find one with this additional feature, that will be a winner!
Ensure Tilting Capacity
If you can manage to slope the back of your seat, it’s going to support your backbone pretty effectively. A few models on the market allow a three-position tilting for better learning support. The back of these chairs can be locked at certain positions for greater flexibility.
Select Air-Ventilated Mesh
If you are not going for a leather-skinned one, you probably are opting for meshed back and seat. For this version, select the air-ventilated one for the best cooling support.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the benefit of mesh seat and back?
Mesh backs and sitters allow better airflow and stay cool for a long time.
- Do I need armrests?
If you are a therapist, you should always go for a chair with armrests. Without such extensions, you can’t rest comfortably for more than an hour.
- What is lumbar support?
Lumbar bones are the lower bones on our back. A seat with lumbar support provides comfort to the lumbar zone, mitigating back-ache possibility.
- What is a waterfall seat?
It refers to a curved sitter that allows your legs to rest comfortably, reducing the risks of stress on the lower part of your body.
- Is the headrest necessary?
It is necessary if you are sitting on a chair for a long time. You will need to rest your head on it quite frequently if your sitting lasts for a couple of hours or more.
As a therapist, it is evident that you will be sitting and trying to relax for a lengthy period. For your sessions to be practical and comfortable, having a perfect seat to sit on is an absolute necessity. If you are looking for the ideal chair for you, search no more. Our reviews on the best chairs for therapists will effectively land you on the best option for you.
Hello, I am Robert Grapentin. I’m a furniture buff, with many years of experience in the nitty-gritty of furniture as well as the cost. I would like to share with you the basics involved in getting cost-effective, long-lasting furniture in an easy and stress-free way. The very purpose of this will be to shape you into a furniture expert like myself or something close to it.