A comfortable and healthy seating arrangement is a must for video editors since they spend hours stationed in front of their screens. Without using the best chairs for video editing, your posterior health could take a severe hit in the long run because of years of poor posture. Therefore, an ergonomic and comfortable chair has to be an intrinsic part of a video editor’s workstation.
The chairs we would be discussing here would benefit anyone who needs to sit for extended periods. You would find them useful while gaming, or binge-watching your favorite TV shows on the computer.
In the current situation, many of us are getting used to the idea of working from home. So, now would be a good time to invest in a chair that keeps your back comfy as you put in long hours at your desk.
Best Chairs For Video Editing: Our Recommendations
1. Capisco Ergonomic Office Chair with Saddle Seat
Capisco chairs might strike a bit differently at first glance, but their unique design also allows them to accommodate healthy sitting postures without compromising comfort. The unconventional saddle seat design promotes efficient blood flow in your body, which is very helpful in alleviating back pain issues.
What makes this one of the best video editing chairs is its profound flexibility. The seat height, depth, back height, and tilt are fully customizable. You can adjust them to your liking to make sure you remain comfortable on your own terms. This is the ideal chair to work on multiple screens, which is also a major plus.
You can sit on this chair either back-to-front or front-to-back. There is ample room to spread out your legs and rest them on the floor as you like. Cross-legged, side-saddled, reclined-no matter what your sitting preference is, you can do it comfortably. The elbow rests could be a bit higher than you’d expect, but it’s nothing you can’t get used to.
The seat comes molded to support your spine properly and avoid spine curvature issues like scoliosis. It perfectly aligns with the natural shape of your spine and keeps it stress-free all day long. 50% of the materials used to build this chair are recycled, and 90% of the chair itself can be recycled.
- Award-Winning Design: The posture-friendly design, which won the best design award in Nordic Design Competition, provides the healthiest seating choices to desk-bound workers.
- Standing Desk Friendly Design: 265mm lift height, which makes the chair convenient to use along with a standing desk.
- Adjustable Settings: Adjustable seat height, sear depth, back height, and tilt to tailor-make the best sitting position for you.
- Saddle-Shaped Seat: The seat design mimics a horse rider saddle to promote superior blood flow in posterior regions.
- Recyclable: Made of 50% recycled materials. 90% of the chair can be recycled after use as well.
- Easy to move around.
- Good for back pain.
- Good for standing desks.
- The unconventional design might not be comfortable for users.
2. Herman Miller Sayl Ergonomic Office Chair
Herman Miller Sayl chairs stay loyal to Herman Miller’s signature combination of aesthetics and functionality. These chairs are not only gorgeous to the eye, but they also come with all the essential attributes you would look for in the best chairs for video editors. It does lean towards the expensive end of the price spectrum, but it’s well worth the buy.
The frameless breathable mesh design is a visual tribute to San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge. The mesh backrest also allows for sufficient air passage, which keeps you cool in hot, humid weather conditions. It also adjusts itself to your back curvature, so that you can sit in the chair for hours without feeling a hint of discomfort.
Herman Miller Sayl draws inspiration from the suspension bridge model of the Golden Gate Bridge and implemented it with utmost perfection on a back chair. The idea is unprecedented in the office chair realm, but it works wonders in ensuring optimum weight distribution of your body.
The whole purpose of this unique design is to bring out the best from the minimal amounts of materials used. If you want to move freely within a small workspace, this chair can be a fantastic pick. The chair does appear to be a bit fragile, but in reality, it can support up to 350 pounds of weight, which is quite substantial.
- 3D Mesh Backrest: The stretchable 3D mesh back gives you the support you need as you rest your back against it. The transition areas of your back are protected with thicker elastomer threads with higher tensile strength.
- PostureFit Support: The PostureFit support maintains the ideal S shape of your spine and improves your posture.
- Extendable Seat Height: The seat height is originally 15.5 inches. But, it can be extended up to 20 inches.
- Eco-Dematerialized Design: Eco-Dematerialized design for minimizing material use and sustainability.
- PVC Free Construction: Contains no PVC. The materials used are mostly recyclable.
- Gorgeous look.
- Suspension design for better weight distribution.
- Maintains perfect spine shape.
3. Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair
There’s always a bit of skepticism involved whenever we buy a budget item. Will it be as good as it says? Budget office chairs are no different, but in this case, Duramont has won over our trust with their ergonomic adjustable office chair. This offers all the amenities you would seek in a premium chair but in a somewhat stripped-down manner.
We must make it clear that the key selling point for this chair is its price. If you splash the cash, there are fancier alternatives out there, but at this price range, this Duramont will give you a huge bang for your buck. That’s why we are discussing this model in our best chairs for video editors list.
The chair looks nothing out of the ordinary, and many users love this classic office chair feel. It features adjustable lumbar support, which is like gold dust in similarly priced chairs. The breathable mesh back comes real handy during the summer to keep you comfy, and for a mesh back, it feels quite easy on the back.
You can also fine-tune the armrest and headrest position to find the correct angle to look at your screens. It also gives you a sizeable amount of recline. You can go all the way back to 120 degrees and you also get to control the tilt tension, which can be vital in reducing muscle fitness in your back.
- Adjustable Settings: Adjustable headrest, armrest, lumbar support, backrest tilt, and tilt tension to help you identify the perfect sitting position for yourself.
- Breathable Mesh Back: Breathable mesh for better air circulation and prevent your back from sweating.
- 360lbs Weight Capacity: Supports 330 pounds of weight.
- Rollerblade Casters: Rollerblade caster for effortless navigation on hardwood and carpet floors.
- Low price.
- Adjustable lumbar support.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Inadequate cushioning.
- Non-adjustable seat depth.
4. Ficmax Ergonomic Chair for Gaming Video Editing
Gaming chairs are built for accommodating hours of non-stop action in your setup. Requirements-wise a good gaming chair has a lot in common with video editing dedicated chairs. This gaming chair from Ficmax made it into our best chairs for video editors’ shortlist with its attractive offerings at a modest price.
This chair can give many high-end gaming chairs a run for their money, thanks to its impressive build quality and versatility. In terms of appearance, it resembles a racing car seat with a detachable headrest pillow for superior comfort. The metallic frame accounts for the seat’s longevity and also makes it capable to support as much as 300 pounds.
The seat comes cushioned with PETA-approved polyurethane leather, which is a very good substitute for animal leather. The color remains the same despite heavy use, it won’t get dirty quickly, and when it does, it is very easy to clean. The polyurethane covering encloses a 4.8-inch layer of foam, which guarantees a plush sitting experience.
The chair has a comfortable reclining range that measures up to 180 degrees. You can get the footrest out and tilt it back to take on a more relaxing position, or even take a short nap. The USB-powered lumbar support pillow can give you a back massage to rid you of all fatigue after a hectic day of work.
- PU Leather Cover: Coated with dirt and fade-resistant PU leather.
- Thick Foam Padding: 4.8-inch foam cushioning for painless sitting.
- 100% Metal-made Frame: Metal-made frame for greater durability.
- Class 4 Hydraulic Piston: Class 4 hydraulic piston for effortless seat height adjustment.
- 180-degree Recline: The seat tilts back to 180 degrees.
- Lumbar Message Pillow: The lumbar support pillow can massage your back muscles through vibrations. It is powered by USB.
- Retractable Footrest: You can draw out the retractable footrest and lay your feet on it. This is very helpful if you want to make your chair a makeshift bed for a quick nap or just lying down for a brief break.
- Lumbar message for breaking up muscle tension.
- Footrest for extending your legs in a relaxed position.
- Sturdy build.
- Noisy wheels.
5. Lorell High-Back Chair Mesh Black Fabric Seat
The performance of Lorell High-Back Chairs goes far beyond its elementary appearance. Since its inception, Lorell has had an uncompromising stance on quality and this Lorell chair is a testament to that fact. The ANSI certification assures you of the chair’s ergonomics while it also boasts Greenguard approval for its recyclability.
To match the S-shaped curve that characterizes the human spine, the back of the chair also features a similar curve. This particular design trait ensures you retain a healthy posture as you stay seated for a long time. Fluid 360-degree rotation ability and height adjustment opportunities add to the chair’s perks.
As we have seen in some of the previous models we have discussed in our best chairs for video editors article, this chair has a mesh back for ventilation purposes. This is a practical touch from the designer, which is pivotal in keeping your back dry and cozy when the temperature hits higher strides.
The base lays the foundation for a stable seat and effortless movement across the floor. The nylon provides all the stability you would need to remain invested in your work, and the casters allow you to move freely whenever you need to do so. The armrests are adjustable and come with heavy padding for greater comfort.
- Individual Seat and Backrest Lock: Different locking mechanisms for seat and backrest. This gives you further options as you try to find the right sitting position for you.
- Adjustable Armrest: The height and width of the armrest can be changed to your liking within a range.
- Mesh Back: Mesh back for breathability and avoid sweat buildup.
- Shaped To Compensate For Natural Human Spine Curvature: S-shaped backrest to comply with the natural shape of the human spine. You can also change the height between 17-21 inches to suit your body type.
- 360 –degree Swivel: 360-degree swivel properties with tilt lock and tension controls.
- Various Color Choices: Available in three different color combinations (Black mesh back+ black seat+ Gray mesh back+ gray seat+ Blue mesh back+ blue seat).
- Excellent lumbar support.
- High ventilation mesh.
- Affordable price.
- The backrest is not comfortable for people under 5’1’’ and over 5’10’’.
- The armrest is comfortable but unsteady.
6. Alera ALE Elusion Series Mesh Swivel/Tilt Chair
Do you want a chair that will go easy on your pocket, lives up to your demands, and looks stunning at the same time? Even though it sounds too good to be true, there is a model that fulfills all three criteria. Behold, the Alera Elusion -your ultimate budget chair that can add a touch of glamour to your workstation at a nominal cost.
Alera’s smart engineering choices have made this chair very resourceful within a widely affordable price range. Let’s start with the adjustable features. There are height and tilt adjustments on both sides of the chair. The positioning of the levers is nothing short of convenient. You can reach them just by placing your hand under the seat.
You can forgive such a low-priced chair being fragile, but Alera Elusion holds up pretty well to extensive use. The manufacturers couldn’t use top-of-the-line materials for pricing limitations, but they came up with some excellent cost-effective alternatives that made this unit considerably heavy duty. On top of that, the materials that have been used to build this chair are also eco-friendly. So, besides being durable the chair is also eco-conscious.
The advantages of mesh backs are twofold-they are cheaper than leather and they are sweat resistant. Alera Elusion also features a mesh back that required less investment from the manufacturer’s end but is widely preferred by consumers for its breathability. You can also purchase this chair in two versions. The low-back version is designed to provide greater lumbar support while the high-back version prioritizes higher up your back.
- Distinct High and Low-back Versions: High-back and low-back variants give you the chance to choose where you want greater back support.
- Mesh Back: Mesh back for sweat reduction.
- Waterfall Seat Edge: Waterfall seat edge relieves your legs of extra pressure and encourages better blood circulation.
- Nylon-made 5-star Base: Five-star base for effortless navigation.
- Comfortable Padding: Polyurethane-clad armrests and contoured seat cushions for superior comfort.
- Aesthetic design.
- Great price.
- Waterfall seat edge allows for more comfortable leg placement.
- Two different backrest sizes.
- Lack of color options.
7. AmazonBasics Leather-Padded & Ergonomic Swivel Office Desk Chair
The final entry in our best chairs for video editors list is AmazonBasics Office Desk Chair. AmazonBasics chairs have become popular for providing endless comfort to users who need to spend 8-10 hours on the seat on average. If you are thinking about getting a new chair that can help you boost your productivity, this AmazonBasics chair deserves to be your consideration for its affordability and efficiency.
The chair incorporates a mid-back design. This will help you maintain an upright posture for longer periods without any hindrances. However, this would be problematic if you want neck and lumbar support. As great as the chair is in facilitating mid-back pressure relief, its lack of neck and lumbar support is frustrating.
The chair offers pneumatic controls to regulate recline angle and height. You can find control handles located just underneath the chair. Pull it up to ascend the seat and do the opposite to lower it. The recline knob can also be found easily, which allows you to recline the chair back to your desired angle.
The overall build quality is very good. When you are multitasking between several screens, you need your casters to be perfectly responsive. The casters in this chair have great mileage in them and will serve you right across a variety of floor types. The faux leather upholstery gives the chair an elegant look for years to come.
- PU Leather Cover: Elegant PU upholstery on armrest, seat, and back.
- Adjustable Settings: Adjustable height and tilt controls for discovering the right sitting position for you.
- Nylon Body: Nylon-made arms graced with PU pads for better longevity and comfort.
- BIMFA Certified: BIMFA certified for high-quality performance and remarkable construction.
- The PU leather coverings require minimum maintenance to retain the original look. It’s also easy to clean.
- Very affordable price.
- The chair can complete a 360 swivel with minimum interference.
- The casters fluidly move across the floor.
- The armrest can’t be adjusted.
- Strictly mid-back model. No neck and lumbar support.
What is the best chair for sitting all day?
All the chairs we have discussed in this article are capable of giving you the best level of comfort while clocking an all-nighter in front of your computer. Video editors often need to work tirelessly for extended sessions to get their projects done. So, they must use the best chairs for video editors to keep spine injury risks at bay.
What features should I look for in a chair for video editing?
First and foremost, you need to check the quality of the padding used. Since you would be spending a lot of time in these, you need to make sure your backside remains comfortable no matter how long you sit in the chair. The height and tilt adjustment features are also essential because you need to find the right position that suits you best.
Recline-ability is also an important thing to consider. You might often feel the urge to loosen up and take a break. You can just recline and relax for a while as the video software work its magic on the screen.
All video editors find themselves juggling between multiple screens time and time again. To handle such work frenzy situations, you would want the chair to swivel instantly and the casters to move effortlessly on the floor.
Should I look for mesh back or leather?
Mesh and leather both are excellent backrest materials, with individual functionalities. Leather coatings seem more gorgeous and often outlast mesh backs. However, without a proper air-conditioning system in your workspace, a leatherback chair might make you feel hot and sweaty after a long working shift.
Mesh backs are the obvious go-to choice if you need to keep your back cool and comfy during the summer. But if you can handle the heat, leatherbacks would be the best option for you.
When it comes to buying a chair for your editing whether at home or in your office, you would come across an overwhelming number of options. Our best chairs for video editing list was an endeavor to help you out in your search for the ideal video editing chair.
Each of the products mentioned here has received rave reviews from a majority of their past users. Go through the list carefully and see which model suits your needs the best.
Hello, I am Robert Grapentin. I’m a furniture buff, with many years of experience in the nitty-gritty of furniture as well as the cost. I would like to share with you the basics involved in getting cost-effective, long-lasting furniture in an easy and stress-free way. The very purpose of this will be to shape you into a furniture expert like myself or something close to it.