Have you ever seen a beautiful painted wall or building, and went “Wow, what paint is that?”? That, right there, is the Sherwin Williams effect. Sherwin Williams Paint needs little or no introduction. We mean, you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t know it’s one of the best paints in the world.
The frequently asked question, however, is “how much does Sherwin Williams Paint cost on the market?” This post is going to shed light on that. So ride with us!
Sherwin Williams: What Exactly is the Fuss about this Product?
Let’s take a quick detour.
If you’re hearing Sherwin Williams for the first time, you would want to know why you should opt for this paint and not others. We could go into details, but let’s just keep it simple – they are the best! They may be a bit pricey, but trust us when we say they are totally worth it. The next section highlights Sherwin Williams’ paint lines and their prices.
Categories and Prices
There are two major types of Sherwin Williams paint; interior and exterior paints. Each type has several lines of paint under it. Sherwin Williams paint prices differ, depending on the type or line of paint you intend to buy.
Sherwin Williams Interior Paints
To achieve optimum results, it is important to use the right type of paint for your painting project. As its name suggests, this type of Sherwin Williams paint is formulated for interior painting projects only. There are several lines of paint under this category, and they are listed below with their prices.
- SuperPaint: If you’re looking to create beautiful paint projects with an astonishing finish, this is the one for you. It has one of the best finishes from satin to semi-gloss, flat, and velvet. It boasts of high durability and good scrub ability. The SuperPaint line consists of SuperPaint Interior Latex with Sanitizing Technology and SuperPaint Interior Acrylic with Air Purifying Technology which costs $67.49 and $65.49-$70.49 per gallon respectively. There is also the SuperPaint Interior Acrylic Latex which costs about $60.49-$6.49 per gallon.
- Emerald: This is the highest of all Sherwin Williams interior paint prices, but if you’re working with a robust budget, you can opt for this – it’s totally worth your money. This line consists of Emerald Designer Edition Interior Latex Paint, Emerald Interior Acrylic Latex Paint, and Emerald Urethane Trim Enamel which cost $94.99-$101.99, $74.49-$79.49, and $94.99-$96.99 per gallon respectively.
- Duration: This interior paint line is stain-resistant and is specially formulated for home areas susceptible to body or hand stains like kitchens. The Duration Home Interior Acrylic Latex price ranges from $69.99-$74.99 per gallon.
- Captivate: If you’re working on a DIY project with a tight budget, this line of interior 2-in-1 paint and primer is perfect for you. It is the least expensive with a gallon of Captivate Interior Latex going for as low as $38.49-$42.49.
- Cashmere: This interior paint gives you that smooth, silky feel. It’s also 2-in-1; paint and primer. Purchasing a gallon of Cashmere Interior Acrylic Latex will set you back about $60.49-$65.49.
Sherwin Williams Exterior Paints
They also have lines of exterior paints for your exciting paint jobs. They are highly durable as they were formulated to withstand tough outside conditions. All of Sherwin Williams’s exterior paint prices are listed below.
- Emerald: This line is of top-notch quality. It does an excellent job weatherproofing your building exterior, and it boasts of a self-cleaning technology that washes dirt off the exterior. This line houses the Emerald Rain Refresh Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint, Emerald Urethane Trim Enamel, and Emerald Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint which are sold per gallon for $105.49-$111.49, $94.99-$96.99, and $85.99-$91.99 respectively.
- SuperPaint: Sherwin Williams’ SuperPaint cost less than Emerald, but is most suitable for hot, frosty, and humid environments. It is resistant to dirt, fading, mild dew, and peeling. The price range for SuperPaint Exterior Acrylic Latex is $63.49 to $71.49 per gallon.
- FlexTemp: Got a building in an environment with extremely high temperatures? FlexTemp Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint is the one for the job. A gallon of this costs between $75.49 and $81.49.
- A-100: Who says you can’t get premium quality at an affordable price? A-100 Exterior Acrylic Latex is the cheapest in the exterior paint line, and guess what? It comes with a 15-year warranty! If you’d like to get this, you should budget around $49.49-$55.49.
Comparing Prices with Other Popular Brands
Depending on the line of paint, Sherwin Williams’ paint cost per gallon is usually between $38 and $112. The cheapest is Captivate Interior Latex, one of the interior paint lines, and costs an average of $40 while the most expensive Sherwin Williams paint is Emerald Rain Refresh Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint, which costs an average of $108.
Behr and Benjamin Moore are other widely used paint brands. Typically, Behr paint prices per gallon range from $22-$50 while Benjamin Moore, on average, costs $35-$80 per gallon.
How Long Does Sherwin Williams Paint Last?
The longevity of Sherwin Williams paint depends on which type you buy. Interior and exterior paints are subjected to different conditions and have different chemical compositions. Sherwin Williams exterior paint line can last 8-10 years when used on stucco and up to 15 years on cement fiberboard. You should note it has a shorter lifespan of 5-7 years if you have wood siding. As for the interior paint line, they can last 7-10 years as long as the surfaces are well prepared.
Where to Buy
You can either shop in physical stores or order directly from the manufacturers online. Visit any Sherwin Williams store near you to get your paints or other local stores like Krylon, Lowe’s, or Ace hardware. You get 25% off when you order from Sherwin Williams’ website.
People Also Ask
Without a single doubt, Sherwin Williams is one of the best paint brands in the world, if not the best. They are highly durable, have better coverage, and have options of top-quality finish or sheens.
Some people would say Sherwin Williams paint cost too much, but you should know this; paint is just like every other thing – you get what you pay for. In the long run, lower quality paints will cost you more because they aren’t as durable and would need maintenance regularly. That, and many other reasons, is why you should buy Sherwin Williams Paint
Hello, I’m a specialist in cost estimation. My name is Daniel and I have been in this field for 3 years. I estimate the cost, materials, and time needed to render a service or manufacture a product. It usually involves in-depth research and calculations, but with years of practice, I have become an expert cost estimator.